Tuesday 7 October 2014

Mini Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

 Himself's birthday. Himself doesn't like cake. I don't think I even made one for him last year. But I can't let an excuse to bake like a birthday go by without making something. These mini lemon meringue cupcakes were perfect. Bite-sized (apart from the two big uns made from the leftover batter when the mini muffin cases ran out) so that he only needed have one mouthful to keep me happy, yet zingy, soft, and none of that dreaded buttercream in sight. The recipe for the cupcakes and meringue is here, I followed it more or less to the letter, baking for about 15 minutes. And using Delia's indispensable conversion tables! The lemon ganache (I made this first) was piped in using a large nozzle, just pressing it gently into the centre of each and squeezing, and the meringue was piped on top using a large flower nozzle, with one clean swoop. He actually ate quite a few. Maybe it was the fizz talking...
And a blow torch might have been a great finishing touch!
 
lemon meringue
Mini Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

With some leftover ganache, I made these babies.
Lemon Ganache-filled chocolates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!