Monday 23 June 2014

School Fete Baking and a Meringue Mission

The Squids had their school fete on Saturday - raising money for new equipment and building work for the school. A great opportunity to de-clutter their room! And a wonderful excuse to bake, bake, bake. Sugar & Crumbs sent me some Peach Melba flavoured icing sugar recently and I've been waiting for a chance to try it out on people.

I only kept one for myself...


Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Peach Melba Frosting (50p each)


Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Chocolate Peach Melba Frosting (£1 each)

SOLD OUT!


Also at the fete, I bumped into Felicity, food editor of Woman, who was selling a huge range of beautifully flavoured meringues, made by her own fair hand, to raise money for Mission Direct in order to help the people of the Dominican Republic rebuild their homes and their lives after the Haiti earthquake. She is travelling there in August with her children, so if you can, please help her on her Meringue Mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!