Tuesday 19 March 2013

March Supper Club

This month's theme was Greek-Moroccan fusion. I made that up. I couldn't decide on which one to go for. So I did a mixture. And it worked really well!

Starter:
Stuffed Olives, Herbed Pitta and Homemade Tzatziki

We started the evening off with some stuffed olives, with pitta which I coated in oregano, garlic and olive oil and baked in the oven wrapped in greaseproof paper which had been run briefly under the tap - a Jamie Oliver tip!
This I served with homemade tzatziki - my sister's recipe, which has half a grated cucumber with the juice squeezed out, two teaspoons of mint jelly, two finely chopped garlic cloves and about 300g of Greek yoghurt. I also squeezed in the juice of half a lemon.












Main:
Harissa Chicken with Rice Salad
Fig and Mozzarella Salad
Pan-fried Asparagus with Shallots


This dish I have made before: Harissa Chicken


Fig and Mozzarella Salad with a balsamic and apricot jam dressing
Figs
Asparagus with shallots

Dessert:
Lemon, Lime and Ginger Tart


A showstopper dessert to be sure. Utterly delicious - I found the recipe for this in the Metro, by Chloe Scott and I couldn't wait to try it - it's light, yet decadent and the zesty flavours make it a perfect end to the evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!