Friday 7 September 2012

Lemongrass Chicken with Noodles

An Impromptu Dinner Party

Friends (and dog) came round for dinner. Luckily Himself was able to stop for ingredients on the way. I quickly scanned the pages of BBC Good Food, October, for a thai dish - as requested. I found Lemongrass beef stew with noodles, only I changed it to chicken, and made it a speedy stir-fry.

First, whizz up a paste made of ginger, garlic, 2 stalks of lemongrass, fresh coriander and chilli. Then gently fry a chopped onion, for about 10 minutes, then add in the paste, and fry for about 5 minutes.

lemongrass paste


Next, stir in some dark soy sauce, 1 tsp five-spice powder, 1 tsp brown sugar, and about a pint of beef stock (yes, even though it's a chicken dish).
Simmer this for about 15 minutes, then in the cubed chicken breasts, peppers, and any other veg you fancy. 
You can then add in some nice thick noodles for two minutes or have some pad thai on the side. Or both...



Serve with a wedge of lime



Pad Thai

2 comments:

  1. Good Food is great, isn't it? We made the Goan Prawn Curry out of the September 2012 issue on Friday - easy and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that sounds good - I remember seeing it, I think I will try it too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!