Sunday 12 August 2012

Chicken Jalfrezi, Hairy Biker Style

This a great recipe. I found in the September issue of BBC Good Food. It's from How to Love Food and Lose Weight by the Hairy Dieters. It's quite easy, if you have all the spices in! It has chillies, ripe tomatoes, garlic, ground cumin, garam masala, turmeric, caster sugar, salt, natural yoghurt (unfortunately for the 'low fat' criteria, I didn't have any yoghurt, so I used double cream! Whoops!!), onion and green pepper, and a teaspoon of cornflour to thicken it up at the end. It was really tasty (and creamy!) and I will try it again soon, with yoghurt...


Chicken Jalfrezi

7 comments:

  1. looks lovely - shame about the yoghurt ;-). Is the September issue a good one? I haven't had a chance to have a flick yet and decide whether to get it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was really nice. I'm going to try it again tonight with the yoghurt and see how it works.
      Sept issue, I like! I am easily pleased though...

      Delete
  2. You've added (Or they have stated) too much cream. Jalfrezi is quite a dry dish with chunky peppers and onions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was very creamy, compared to Jalfrezi dishes I have had in restaurants. I'm sure it would work better with the yoghurt.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. click now great site click this over here now check out the post right here Our site Find Out More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good article! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website. Keep up the good writing.폭스나인
    스웨디시

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!