Friday 4 May 2012

Chicken Korma - but not as you know it...

I thought it'd be nice to introduce the kids to curry. They claim to 'hate it'. Actually Himself thought it'd be a good idea, so he bought a jar of Sharwoods Korma sauce. Well, you know me, I can do it better myself...
But I gave it a go with the jar of stuff. At least they tried it, but had to scrape the sauce off the chicken! At least now the seed of curry addiction is planted. Next time something more tomato-based perhaps.

For us, I was thinking of something spicy,but I couldn't face the jarred stuff. So I stir-fried onions, garlic, ginger, chilli and some courgettes, then added some chicken. I then put in a couple of teaspoons of tandoori masala powder. Then the rest of the Korma. I added more cream to make it, well, creamier and then at the end some fresh coriander. You know what, it wasn't so bad.
Chicken Korma - spiced up


And I got another empty jar for my spice cupboard!

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying to introduce mine to curry. I've been leaving out the chilli to try and get them used to the flavours without the heat - getting mixed reviews. they love dhal and also a butter chicken recipe that I've got (haven't blogged it yet - may be I'll do that soon). My daughter has enjoyed quite a few of the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall curries out of Veg Everyday too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for the tip, might try a butter chicken too - I'll watch out for your recipe. Might have to add Hugh to my cookbook collection!
      Annie

      Delete

Comments make the blogging world go round. Please let me know your thoughts, thank you!